Have you ever seen a video where the words slowly appear, making you want to keep watching? That’s called the ‘Reveal Text’ effect, and it’s a great way to make your videos more exciting. So, how can you do this? It’s easy with CapCut Pro, a handy video editing app that anyone can use.
In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to add Reveal Text to your videos using CapCut, no matter if you’re using an Android, iPhone, or PC.
Ready to make your videos even cooler? Let’s dive in!
How to Add Reveal Text on Android and iPhone?
Here is the detailed guide on how to add this reveal text effect in the CapCut, both for Android and iPhone users.
Step 1: Creating a New Project
To start with, you need to create a new project. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the CapCut application
- Click on the “New project” button
- Select the main video that you want to apply the effect to
Step 2: Preparing Text on a Black Background
- The next step is to create a text video with a black background. This video will serve as an overlay for your main video.
- Once you’re in the new project, select the “Stock videos” option.
- Choose a black background video.
- Set its duration to match your main video (for example, around 9 seconds).
- Click on the “Add text” button and enter the text you want to reveal in your video.
- Ensure the text duration matches your black background video.
- Export this video because it will be needed later.
- Implementing the Reveal Text Effect
- Now that you have prepared the text video, it’s time to add the reveal text effect.
Step 3: Adding Overlay
Return to your main project and follow these steps:
- Tap on the “Overlay” option.
- Click on “Add overlay.”
- Select the text video that you exported earlier.
Step 4: Blending Modes
Next, you will have to adjust the blending mode of your overlay:
- Tap on the “Blend” button.
- Select the “Lighten” mode.
Step 5: Keyframing
Keyframing allows you to animate your text by changing its position over time:
- Tap on the “Keyframe” button.
- Position your text to the right side of the object you want the text to reveal behind.
- Move to the end of your timeline and drag the text to the left until it disappears.
Step 6: Editing the Main Video
The last step is to adjust your main video to create the final reveal effect:
- Make a copy of your main video.
- Click “Overlay” and place it below the text layer.
- Select “Edit” then “Crop”. Frame it to cover up half of the frame, aligning it with the main video.
- Make another copy of your main video and click “Overlay”. Drag this copy below the last video.
- Tap on the third video and click “Cutout”. Then, select “Remove background”.
How to Add Reveal Text on CapCut PC?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to create a text reveal edit in CapCut PC:
Step 1: Adding Text to Your Video
- Begin by launching CapCut on your PC and opening your desired video project.
- To add text, navigate to the ‘Text’ option in the menu.
- Now, input your desired text. For this example, we’ll use the word “Elegant.”
- Feel free to experiment with various fonts and sizes until you find one that suits your video’s theme and aesthetic.
- Position the text to the place where you want it to be revealed at the end.
Step 2: Exporting Your Text
- Once you’ve placed the text, delete the footage from your project momentarily.
- Export your project with the text alone. This will serve as your ‘text reveal’ footage.
Step 3: Importing Your Footage
- Now, press Ctrl+Z to revert the deletion and delete the text from the project.
- Go to the ‘Media’ tab and import the ‘text reveal’ footage you exported in the previous step.
- Add it to your timeline.
Step 4: Setting Up The Reveal Effect
- Choose ‘Basic’ from the menu, and apply either a ‘Brighten’ or ‘Screen’ overlay on the text footage.
- Now, overlay your original video on top of the text.
- Select the video footage, navigate to ‘Cutout’, and apply ‘Auto Cutout.’ This will create a cutout of the video footage in the shape of your text.
Step 5: Creating The Reveal Animation
- After applying the cutout, select the text footage and navigate to ‘Basic’ > ‘Mask’ > ‘Split.’ This will split the footage into two parts, one for the text and the other for the video.
- As your video plays, add keyframes where you want the text to be revealed. Adjust the mask to reveal the text at these points.
- Repeat this step, adjusting the mask and adding keyframes until the text is fully revealed.
FAQs – How to Add Reveal Text on Capcut?
The ‘Reveal Text’ effect in CapCut can significantly enhance your videos, captivating your audience from start to finish. This guide has walked you through the process, whether you’re on Android, iPhone, or PC. Remember, with CapCut, you’re not just making videos, you’re telling stories. Keep exploring, learning, and creating. Make your stories come alive – reveal them with CapCut!