Have you ever thought about how to make your videos appear more professional? One technique is to add text and blur the background. But how exactly do you do that? Using CapCut! All devices, including Android, iPhone, and your computer, can use this app without any issues.
So, if you’re ready to make your videos look top-notch, let’s dive in!
How To Blur Background In Capcut – Android and iPhone?
Blurring video background on Capcut, both on iPhone and Android, is similar. Let’s see how to blur the background in Capcut easily on both Android and iPhone:
Step 1: Initiating a New Project
After installation, launch CapCut, and you’ll be greeted with an intuitive interface. Tap the ‘New Project’ button to get going. You will be prompted to import a video from your device’s collection that you want to edit when you take this action. Choose the video that you would like to blur the background of.
Step 2: Applying the Blur Effect
- The most important next step is to add the blur effect. The ‘Effects’ option can be found in the video editing interface. When you tap on it, a list of all effects that are accessible will appear. Choose “Basic” from the “Video Effects” category. This is where the ‘Blur’ effect may be found.
- To add it to your video, simply tap on it. The whole length of the video clip will be covered by the effect by default.
- You can also change the blur effect’s strength in CapCut. The ‘Adjust’ button is found in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap it to make the necessary adjustments. The blur intensity can then be adjusted using the slider to suit your preferences.
Step 3: Adding an Overlay
- Now, this is where the magic happens. To keep your main subject in focus while the background is blurred, you will need to use the overlay feature.
- Tap on the ‘Overlay’ button and then click on ‘Add overlay.’ This will open up your gallery, from which you need to import the same video clip once more.
Step 4: Removing the Background
- After adding the overlay, scroll down to find the ‘Cutout’ button. Upon tapping it, you’ll see the ‘Remove Background’ option. Tap on it to remove the background from the overlayed video. CapCut’s AI-powered tool will take a few seconds to process and perfectly remove the background.
- Following this, you can zoom in on the video to make the main subject slightly larger than its original size, thereby further enhancing the focus on the subject.
Step 5: Finalizing and Exporting the Video
- After you’ve applied and adjusted all the necessary effects, it’s time to export the video. CapCut offers various export options, including different resolutions and frame rates.
- Choose the settings that best fit your requirements and tap on ‘Export.’ The edited video will then be saved in your device’s gallery.
You can also explore popular templates to create your videos.
How To Blur Background In Capcut – PC?
Blurring Video Background on Capcut PC is different from Android and iPhone, but it is also not difficult due to the easy navigation of Capcut PC.
The following steps will show you how to blur the background in Capcut PC:
Step 1: Importing Your Video
- Start your video editing process by importing the video you wish to edit. To access the primary workspace, select ‘New Project’ from the CapCut interface. Go to the Media section and select the ‘Import’ button to add your video.
- You can also add other media files, such as audio tracks and photos, that you might need for your project.
Step 2: Adding the Blur Effect
- After importing your video, drag it to the timeline to start editing. Next, head over to the ‘Effects’ section. Here, you’ll find a variety of effects that you can add to your video, one of which is the blur effect.
- Options like Motion Blur, Slanted Blur, and Halo Blur are available. For this guide, we’ll utilize the standard ‘Blur’ effect as an example.
- Drag this effect onto the timeline and align it with your video. Feel free to adjust the intensity of the blur effect to suit your taste.
Step 3: Exporting the Blurred Video
- It’s time to export your video when you’re happy with the blur effect’s intensity. Click on the ‘Export‘ button, provide a name for your video, and select your desired location on your computer.
- After the exporting is finished, you can remove the video and effect from the timeline. This process creates a blurred version of your original video, which we’ll use in the next steps.
Step 4: Cutting Out the Video Subject
- With your blurred video exported, it’s time to create the final effect. Start by importing the blurred video that you just exported back into CapCut. Drag this video onto the timeline.
- Next, import your original video and place it on a separate track above the blurred video on the timeline. After placing the original video, head over to the ‘Cutout’ option on the right side of the interface.
- Select ‘Auto Cutout,’ and CapCut will automatically cut out the subject from the video.
- Once the process is complete, you will notice that the background of your video is blurred while the subject remains sharp and clear. It’s worth noting that the ‘Auto Cutout’ feature only supports automatic recognition of portraits.
- If your video includes other subjects, you might need to manually cut them out.
Step 5: Finalizing and Exporting Your Video
- After successfully blurring the background, preview your video by clicking on the ‘Play’ button. If everything looks as expected, it’s time to export your final video. Click on the ‘Export’ button, give your video a name, and choose where you’d like to save it on your PC.
- That’s it! You have successfully blurred the background of your video using CapCut on your PC.
How to Blur Background in Capcut? [Video Tutorial]
Blurring the background of your videos in CapCut can significantly enhance their professional appeal. This user-friendly app, available on multiple platforms, makes the task easy, no matter your level of experience. If you follow our guide carefully, you can add this exciting effect to your videos and create eye-catching, high-quality content.